I’ve had my hair curled a couple times lately. Last week by my friend Emily and this week by my buddy Catalina. I didn’t think that the curls would stay very long in my hair because whenever I have had a modeling event, my curls have never lasted more than an hour or two. It might have something to do with the fact that the women and Leon’s who always did my hair before, did not use enough products in my hair or their products were not as nice as the hair supplies we use at my beauty school. These curls from the girls at my school have lasted for days!!! I get compliments on how well the curl holds even after I’ve slept on them a couple of nights! Straight hair is always my favorite because it’s natural for me, but it’s fun to change it up every once in a while. Comment below or like. Tell me what you think!
This week my friend Michaelle made my hands pretty again! Because I use my hands a lot at school, I decided to get an acrylic overlay so that my natural nails won’t break so easily. On top of the thin layer of acrylic, I got some nude gel polish called Passion by OPI. They turned out very nice and shiny!! I like that they look natural and will match all my clothes. It will also help my nails grow long and be stronger and better protected against all the hair styles I do everyday.
I was in the mood to dress in something different, so I decided to go with a 1990’s feel. I’ve been wearing 90’s chokers lately, so I am pretty interested in recreating other 90’s outfits. A couple months ago I had a post about a grunge outfit I put together. In this picture above, I’m wearing a dress that might actually be from the 90’s (My ex’s mom gave it to me lol), the brown tights are Forever 21 I think, boots are Black Poppy, and the sweater is by Miley Cyris and Max Azria. Oh yea, and the necklace is a vintage inspired cameo.
Happy Fall, everyone!! The other day my good friend Michaelle colored my hair. Last time I got my hair done, it was a dark burgundy, ox blood color. This time I wanted a pretty orange gingery feel, so I call this one the Pumpkin Spice Lattee!!!! I really like this color and I am interested to see what hue it will fade into. I don’t know if it will be a more red or orange color after a few shampoos. We will find out though. Lol.This color seems to be a favorite of the people I meet. One client came into the salon/school today and asked for the same shade!
What color should I do NEXT MONTH?! :D
Working with hot beauty tools on a daily basis, you are bound to burn yourself at some point. Sure enough, last week I accidentally touched my Marcel curling iron. I was finished using it on my client but accidentally touched it while reaching for a comb. Go figure! The burn I got is just minor, a first degree one, but it still was ugly and.. burned!
The burn blistered up and stung for a couple hours afterwards. I have been using aloe vera, a glycolic and salycylic acid product by Murad, and vinegar on the mark to help with healing. It has shrunk a lot and I am thinking that it will almost completely diminish. As soon as I used the vinegar the first time, it looked smaller. Don’t use Vinegar on worse kinds of burns though, because second and third degree burns are more serious and should be treated by a doctor. Vinegar is an astringent and seemed to reduce the inflammation a good bit. The Murad product contains glycolic acid which aids in the healing process, and of course aloe vera soothes the area further. I apply all these products a couple times a day. Questions or comments!?
1. Think of the last person who said I love you, do you think they meant it? No.
2. Would you date an 18-year-old at the age you are now? No.
3. When’s the last time you were aggravated and happy at the same time? That’s daily at school.
4. Would you ever smile at a stranger? Sure.
5. Is there someone mad because you’re dating/talking to the person you are? Nope.
6. Have you heard a song that reminds you of someone today? Kind of.
7. What exactly are you wearing right now? Lounge clothes.
8. How often do you listen to music? Almost daily.
9. Do you wear jeans or sweats more? Depends wear I am going.
10. Do you think your life will change dramatically before 2015? Nope.
11. Are you a social or an antisocial person? In between.
12. Have you ever kissed someone whose name begins with the letter ‘A’? I don’t think so.
13. What about ‘R’? No, don’t think so.
14. Can you drive a stick shift? Nope.
15. Do you care if people talk badly about you? Go ahead!
16. Are you going out of town soon? No.
17. When was the last time you cried? Idr.
18. Have you ever told someone you loved them? Yea but usually didn’t mean it.
19. If you could change your eye color, would you? No!
20. Is there a boy who you would do absolutely everything for? Def. Not.
21. Name something you dislike about the day you’re having. My head kind of hurts.
22. Is it cute when guys kiss you on your forehead? Sometimes.
23. Are you dating the last person you talked to? Nope.
24. What are you sitting on right now? A chair.
25. Does anyone regularly (other than family) tell you they love you? Summer does!
26. Have you ever wanted someone you couldn’t have? I don’t want anyone.
27. Who was the last person you talked to before you went to bed last night? Lip.
28. Do you get a lot of colds? Nopes.
29. Where is the shirt you are wearing from? UNCG.
30. Does anyone hate you? IDK.
31. Do you have any empty alcohol bottles hidden somewhere in your room? No.
32. Do you like watching scary movies? YES.
33. Do you want your tongue pierced? No thanks.
34. If you had to delete one year of your life completely, which would it be? Not too sure.
35. Did you have a dream last night? A couple.
36. When was the last time you told someone you loved them? Idk.
37. Do you think you’ll be married in 5 years? Probably not.
38. Do you think someone has feelings for you? Yeah.
39. Do you think someone is thinking about you right now? Yep.
40. Did you have a good day yesterday? I did.
41. Think back 2 months ago; were you in a relationship? Nope.
42. In the next 48 hours, will you hang out with a girl? Yes.
43. Has anyone told you they don’t want to ever lose you? Yea.
44. What’s the best part about school? Graduating. Lol.
45. Do you have any pictures on your Facebook? Of course.
46. Do you ever pass notes to your friends in school? I used to.
47. Do you replay things that have happened in your head? Not anymore.
48. Were you single over the last summer? On and off.
49. Is your life anything like it was two years ago? Nothing.
50. What are you supposed to be doing right now? Nothing that I know of.
51. Do you hate the last guy you had a conversation with? No.
52. Are you nice to everyone? Almost everyone.
53. Have you ever liked someone you didn’t expect to? Yep.
54. Do you think you can last in a relationship for 6 months and not cheat? Yes.
55. Are you good at hiding your feelings? Yeah.
56. Do you think you like someone? No.
57. Have you kissed someone whose name starts with a ‘J’? Uhh, yeah.
58. Do you prefer to be friends with girls or boys? Boys.
59. Has anyone of your friends ever seen you cry? Yeah.
60. Do you hate anyone? Not really.
61. How’s your heart? It’s good.
62. Is there something that happened in your past that you hate talking about? Not really.
63. Have you ever cried over a guy? Sure.
64. Who is probably talking a load of crap about you right now? No idea.
65. Are your toenails painted pink? Yes hahahaha.
66. Will your next kiss be a mistake? Probably. Lol.
67. Girls love it when boyfriends cry; correct? Yea. haahaha
68. Have your pants ever fallen down in public? Almost.
69. Who was the last person you were on the phone with? Summer.
70. How do you look right now? Normal.
71. Do you have someone you can be your complete self around? I think so.
72. Can you commit to one person? I think.
73. Do you have someone of the opposite sex you can tell everything to? Nah.
74. Have you ever felt replaced? Not really.
75. Did you wake up cranky? Nope.
76. Are you a jealous person? Can be.
77. Are relationships ever worth it? Rarely.
78. Anyone you’re giving up on? Yes.
79. Currently wanting to see anyone? Kind of.
80. Name something you have to do tomorrow? Hair.
81. Last person you cried in front of? Idk.
82. Is there someone you will never forget? No.
83. Do you think the person you have feelings for is protective of you? No.
84. If the person you wish to be with were with you, what would you be doing right now? Hanging out.
85. Are you over your past? Yes, thankfully.
86. Have you ever liked one of your best friends of the opposite sex? Kind of.
87. Is there anyone you can tell EVERYTHING to? I tell everything to Summer.
88. If your first true love knocked on your door with apology and presents, would you accept? No. Lol.
89. So, the last person you kissed just happens to arrive at your door at 3AM; do you let them in? Probably.
90. Have you ever liked someone who your friends hated? Yep.
91. Will you be in a relationship in 2 months? I doubt it.
92. Is there anyone you know with the name Michael? Not right now.
93. Have you ever kissed a Matthew? Yes.
94. Were you in a relationship in January? How was it going? I wasn’t.
95. Were you happy with the person you liked in March? Sure.
96. Don’t tell me lies, is the last person you texted attractive? Yeeah.
97. Who do you have texts from? Summer and Shuan.
98. If the person you like says they like someone else, what would you say? Fff you.
99. Have you ever kissed someone older than you? Duh.
100. Who’s in your profile picture with you? Me, myself, and I.
101. Ever kissed under fireworks? Yep.
102. Has anybody ever given you butterflies? 2 people.
Last weekend my friend Nichole and I went out to an adventure we’d always dreamed of; The Rocky Horror Picture Show. Not just any viewing of the show, it was the one where people are acting it out! It was fun but we were both a little bit disappointed with how vulgar the joke script was made out to be. I felt like it kind of took away from the original lines. I also wanted to act out more parts, but the people up front were the only ones who acted it out, and I hope they didn’t get paid for being overly drunk and obnoxious. Those are just my opinions though, the trash can is by the door.
Anywho, let’s talk about why I am posting this: the clothes. I didn’t want to wear underwear since I was a virgin to this screening. Instead we decided to take a more practical and safe approach, which was the dressed up time warp scene clothes. If you haven’t ever seen Rocky Horror, you are probably confused by what I am saying right now, so you need to go get a copy of the movie ASAP! The time warp scene features men and women dressed in ties, vests, some bright shirts, sunglasses, black pants, and hats. They dance and sing and it is epic!
Today I got my hair done by a friend at school. She did a deep conditioning treatment on me to revive my hair. This kind of treatment is great for refreshing damaged hair that is dull, dry, and needs a nice healthy shine. It feels really soft now. I should get one of these treatments weekly really since my hair has been through so much crap. You get shampooed and then conditioned with special stuff, then you sit under a dryer, and after that, the shampooed again. If you need some extra moisture and want this done to yourself, book me for an appointment!
Below is a before and after shot.
The weather warmed up some from last week, so luckily I left a few pieces of summer clothing out when I unpacked all my chilly weather clothes. The brisk fall weather is inevitable but I’m enjoying this last month that has a few 90 degree days in store, we’ll see how long it lasts since the forecast is so bipolar around here.
Bohemian = artsy, individualistic, gypsy style.
This outfit is made up of items I’ve had a while but I’ve put them all in a new light to refresh things. I usually don’t like to dress very bohemian because I like more structured outfits or ones that don’t look as.. hippy, for a lack of a better word. I’ve realized the past couple of years that bold indie or tribal prints are popular, and flowy skirts and other hippy-esque styles are flooding mainstream stores like Pacsun. It’s very trendy, but I’m not the biggest fan, because it’s not really my thing since I think other styles are much more appealing to the peepers. I also prefer tighter clothes but it was a long day and I jumped into this without much thought. To me this is loosely based on boho fashion, because it’s actually not very boho compared to the styles of real bohemian dressers such as Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen, the Hollywood twins. They are often seen in long maxi skirts, oversized hats, long shirts, and other messy chic looks that feel relaxed and liberating. I hate those gaudy tribal prints and baggy clothes, so this is as Indie as I get. Lol.
Sweater from Forever 21, white tank from PINK by Victoria’s Secret, blue tank by Bisou Bisou, skirt by MODA and the leather studded hair bow is from Forever 21. Can’t remember where the chandelier necklace is from, think it was a gift. Comment, like, etc!
***I was notified by WordPress that my blog is getting a lot of traffic which is awesome! 31 views on average per hour!!!***
So, the past couple of months I have put my hair under a lot of stress, I am lucky it’s not falling out. Lol.This man came up to me today and said that his coworkers had a bet on what color my hair would be next cause they see me all the time going to lunch and feel like it is different every week. I thought that was pretty funny. I’ve really just changed it 3 times the last 3 months, so it could be worse! I guess that is more than most people change their hair though.
To care for my hair now that it is dried out, I use products that offer to protect and nourish, such as Paul Mitchell’s color care line. I have the shampoo and conditioner, and I highly recommend the Color Locking spray which shields hair from UV rays to make the color stay vibrant, and the Super Skinny smoothing balm which controls frizz and makes hair shine.
The colors I have been lately, range from literal bleach blonde to bright blue to pastel green and of course below is my most recent hair color which is an auburn hue. I’ve tried about everything now!